Friday, July 03, 2009

Stocking Up For the Fourth

I think I might have overdone it a bit, but you first have to understand how things work around here. While all my friends have cell phones, I rarely get phone calls, or texts for that matter. Nope, my friends, if it's nice outside, they know I'll be outside on the deck. And they know for damn sure that I'll have ice cold beer in the cooler. So they just drop by whenever knowing they're always welcome. Well, this morning I went out and stocked up. I found 30-packs of Natural Light for $12 so I picked up four of those. I also got five frozen pizzas, 20 hot dogs, hamburger meat, chicken legs/thighs (.99 a pound!), and all the complementary condements. The total bill for everything was $107. Having not officially invited anyone over I think I might have to make some phone calls because there's no way I can eat all that food by myself. The beer, sure, if not this weekend then next (couple of days). And for some reason the Renter flipped out on me a couple days ago so who knows what her status is.

I will say one thing though. My friendly Habib who calls me "boss" and enables me in my drinking ways to the tune of $14.50 a 30-pack won't be seeing me for a while. Sorry, buddy, but Pick N Save is $2.50 cheaper and when I'm giving out beers to my low life friends they are going to be the cheapest thing available.

No comments: