Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Reason for the Previous Post

Yep, that'd be me sitting on a Harley Davidson last summer. I started looking at the Sportster model but those weren't nearly big enough for me. The one in the picture is a Hard Tail, a bit bigger than the Sportster. I fell in love with a different Hard Tail that had a lower seat and felt stretched out a bit, enough room for my monkey-like arms (but check out that tricep definition!). The sticker price was $13,000 and they were knocking off $2,000 because it was a 2007 model. I've thought about this long and hard since then. I've checked the credit cards hoping for a 4% balance transfer till paid off offer but it seems those are history. I currently have about $4,500 under one of those deals but at such a low rate I'm not in any hurry to pay it off. you'd think the stock market would beat 4% after everything that's happened lately. I'd love to get a bike, could probably get one pretty cheap now, but for as much as I haggle with my budget spreadsheet (which includes every payment I've made since 2003), I can't bring myself to add on a big ticket item like a motorcycle. Maybe that will be my 35th birthday present to myself, three long years away.

I sure do look happy sitting on that Hog, don't I?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't think you were able to drive?

B to the... said...

Of course I can, why would I be sitting on a motorcycle if I couldn't? I don't drive much. 2002 Wrangler just rolled over 29,000 miles.