Friday, May 29, 2009

Arizona Vacation, Part Nine

The weather has been superb out here in Arizona, high temps, clear skies, couldn't ask for more. Last night we had to hit Walmart for yet another 30 pack of beer. That brings the total to six 30 packs in 5.5 days of fun in the sun. I'm doing my best. It isn't hard drinking during the day with the hot weather and all, pretty much goes right through you. Hit a "reasonably priced" Italian place last night and left with a $85 receipt in my pocket. The food was good and the service was excellent as I sat there in my camouflage shorts and Brewers shirt. The Renter graciously switched plates with me as mine came out covered in mushrooms (yuck). We sat by the pool afterwards and I think I finally got drunk on this trip - she sent me voice mails at 2:00 in the morning as evidence of my snoring. (Not the first time that happened, had to forward one on to the FA who initially started this growing in popularity trend.) Today, Friday, has been pretty calm so far with few people at the pool and the Renter and I pretty much having the place to ourselves. What more could you ask for? Actually been looking at some housing options here in Arizona. Affordable, think the only thing standing in the way is a new job down here. And selling my house but I don't think that would be too tough even in today's market; my house is about as far west as you can get and still be in the city of Milwaukee, nice neighborhood. Thing is I suck at interviews, horribly. Pretty much fell in to the two professional jobs I've ever had. Other than that not much new. Had to step up to the 50 spf lotion as both the Renter and I are showing some raw meat on our shoulders.

On a side note, I think a change of scenery would be good for me, not going up to the bar every night and actually concentrating on my professional career. Getting away from the fueding parents. Make my own life out here in the sun. We'll see, I've had a few in me at this point but it's definitely something I'm going to look in to when I get home.

Tomorrow we start the 1,800 mile trip back home. Even though I'll be sad to leave this awesome weather and fun in the sun, the competitive side of me wants to get on the road and make better time than we did getting here. And I miss he puppy. Can't wait to pick her up from Mom's.

Side note: just like the Renter left her mark in St. Louis with the St. Louis Slider, I had housekeeping working on our toilet for two hours after I had one of my world famous dumps. FA will back me up on that one (15 minutes at the Mirage and we had to make a toilet plunger call).

Renter starts the drive tomorrow, I's getting loaded tonight.

No comments: