Friday, July 11, 2008

First Beer - 2:30

Two days ago I looked at the weather for Friday. 87-90 degrees, sunny, fuck, I'm taking the afternoon off. This morning it was 70 and really dark outside. Weather.com fucked me once again. I was contemplating staying at work to finish some stuff up but by noon it was starting to look a little better. I told everyone to have a good weekend and went to the gym. On the way home I stopped and picked up 30 chicken legs and two steaks. Here it is, 2:30, got a beer in my hand, chicken on the grill, and a little puppy who looks like she's upset that I pulled her out of the comfy confines of her kennel. Ungrateful little puppy.

(Actually she's ok. I just gave her a treat and a rawhide to chew on. Still looks like she just wants to sleep.)

I had to send out a text message to the usual suspects. One being the Renter, the other being lawyer girl who makes a point to send me one when she's sitting by her parent's pool on a Friday afternoon. Only the Renter called back. Some warning light was going on in her Jeep and she wondered if she should take it in. Not to brag or anything but I haven't had a used car since 1996 (I baby my cars so when I get them new I know they'll last - unless I roll them on some country road). I don't know what kind of warranties come with used ones. I told her to call and see what they'd do. And then, "I want another puppy."

"I'm hanging up on you now."

Click.

No comments: