Thursday, May 08, 2008

Weird Walk to City Hall

I had to walk to City Hall for a job related thing. Here’s what happened on the way there.

Guy who was obviously homeless: “Can I just get a puff on your cigarette?”

Euw.

“Ah, no, sorry guy.”

I saw a huge ass crane on a floating barge that they were using for construction on a bridge. They had a little tug boat on one side to keep it in place on the river. Didn’t look all that safe to me.

At City Hall I met three people that I used to work with. I set up an evening chicken wing outing with one who called yet another old coworker to meet us up.

On the trip back I think someone was yelling my first and last name at me. I turned, didn’t recognize him, waved and continued on. Should have stopped to see who it was but I had to get back to work.

I was approached by another person on the street.

“Can I ask you a question?”

I stopped. “Sure.”

“I want to eat all the hamburgers that I can because people like me when I’m full. Could you give me a dollar?”

“Sorry, I left all my money at the office.”

All the hamburgers he could eat, hmm…

A little while later a guy from the gym rolled down his window. “You know those cigarettes will kill you.”

Yeah, thanks buddy. I’ll take note of that.

20 steps later I found a penny on the ground. That along with the dime I found earlier makes me $.11 richer! Gotta start making those retirement plans. The FA’s office will give me a harassing phone call when my next check comes in $xxx.11.

No comments: