Friday, May 16, 2008

Productivity

Even though it was almost a week ago I still feel the need to tell you what I did last Saturday. For some reason I got up kind of early (9:00) and decided to mow the lawn for the first time this year. Since I was already outside I pulled the Jeep out and gave it a good wash. I took the dog over to the parent's house to play with their dogs and grab some free food. I went home knowing the Brewers were playing at 3:30. A bout of "ghetto fabulous" hit me and I decided to route the cable wire in the basement over to the kitchen by the window. After a few curse words and a little sweat I had everything set to put the Renter's TV on the kitchen table facing the window. 3:30 came and I was sitting outside watching the game. Feeling a sence of accomplishment (after about two hours of actual work - hey, that's a lot for me) I filled up the cooler with beer and made some chicken legs. My neighbor Mr. Fudd came over and we sat outside watching the game till it got too cold to sit outside. Beer count at 6:00 - 12. I went up to the bar to watch the end of the game and had two pitchers there. Add another 8 on to the beer count. The Renter came up with a good idea (doesn't happen too often): we should get a fire pit for the deck so we could sit outside and not freeze our asses off. It was still before 9:00 (cut off time for beer sales) so we raced to the closest store and picked up a twelver of Leiny's Red (I know that's not how you spell Leiny's but right now I'm too lazy to look it up). Then it was off to the greatest store ever, Wal-Mart! We found a nice looking fire pit with a stone outer ring (table-ish) and carried the heavy fucker out to her car. We found out that Saturn Ion's don't have much trunk space. We had to take the thing out of the box right there in the parking lot just to get it to fit in her back seat. Once we got it home the Renter had to assemble it as I wasn't in too good of shape by then. Got it all set up, threw some spare spindles from the deck in it and we had a fire in no time. I turned on the TV in the window and watched some basketball as the fire kept me warm. Wait, I should say I think I watched some basketball, I'm not exactly sure what was on the tube.

I woke up on Sunday and observed the train wreck on the deck. There sitting next to my chair were 8 empty bottles of Leiny's. The total beer count for the day: 28.

Why do I max out my Roth IRA every year when the chances of ever seeing that money is beyond me.

(Speaking of which, FA, the check's in the mail. Well, not yet, but it will be.)

No comments: