Monday, April 21, 2008

State of WI Taxes

Ok, so I mailed my state taxes back on March 4th. I haven’t gotten the refund check back yet but no big deal; didn’t get it till the beginning of May last year. But here’s the kicker: they can’t even tell me if they’ve received my return because they don’t have a tracking system in place. Huh? They can’t even tell me if they’ve received it? So how am I supposed to know if some postal worker went, well, postal on my return and decided to wipe his ass with it? And here we are, after April 15th, and I’m starting to sweat not because of something that I did but because the Wisconsin Department of Revenue can’t tell me anything about my return. So what the fuck am I supposed to do? Mail it again? Go on their website and submit it electronically? Send it in eight times just to confuse the hell out of them? (hmm, would I get multiple checks back?) This proud expensive puppy owner sure could use that check along with the economic stimulus check.

Next year I’m going to e-file it straight up their asses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I owed the state. The check cleared my account 3 days after I mailed it. Guess they have their priorities straight!


FA