Friday, March 21, 2008

Response to Comment

I recently got this comment on my nationally publicized guide on weightlifting:

Doesn't this individual know that too much alcohol decreases your production of testosterone? And the rest of you body will not grow, if you do not work out your legs. Your body grows in proportion to the rest of itself.

This individual is definitely overtraining.


Dude, did you not read the title? The Beer Drinkers Guide to Weightlifting. Do I know that too much alcohol decreases my production of testosterone? Hell, I don’t give a fuck! Did you see what came first in the title, beer or weightlifting? Duh, there was a fucking reason for that. I actually spent time thinking up that lame ass title. Fucking idiot. I just told my story of what works for me with my drinking lifestyle. Drinking 20 cans of beer every day will wreak havoc on your body (not to mention your family, relationships, sex life – thankfully I don’t have any of those). My weightlifting guide will at least help you out with keeping your body in shape.

Did the commentator not read that I don’t have an ACL in my left knee? It fucking hurts to go up stairs! What do you want me to do, squats with 135 lbs so I can tear some more cartilage in my knee and rack up another $20,000 hospital bill? (Ok, I only paid $1,200 of that, but still… That along with the incident in 2001 and my body is worth over $120,000! Ain’t worth two cents if you ask me.) That was with 135lbs. Women can do that.

But I will agree; it might be a bit of overtraining. Without having a good knee I feel the need to do more because I can’t go jogging (or even walk straight some days, but that might not be because of the knee). But I never go to the weight room intending to do chest when my chest is still sore from the previous workout. Hell, that’s just a good reason to not go to the weight room. Overtraining? Maybe a little. Not feeling guilty about undertraining? Nope. I’d rather feel good about myself than wonder if I should be doing more.

Oh, and I will be having the knee surgery soon to replace the ACL. And Mr. Commentator? I will be coming to test out the knee when I stick my foot up your ass.

No comments: