Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Computer Whirlwind

So tonight I packed up my piece of shit Gateway computer and put it in the basement. With the computer desk clear I asked the Renter to put her laptop in the den instead of in the living room.

Renter: I'm not putting my computer in there.

Me: You used to keep it on your desk in there. I figured since we threw your desk out last week that you could use mine.

Renter: Nope.

You see, the Renter has both her laptop and makeup stuff in the living room. If she is home she is either sitting there on the couch playing on the computer, doing her makeup, or watching TV, but always in the living room. I figured if we put her computer in the den we could both have some space and privacy. The only privacy I have now is in my 12 x 13 bedroom.

Me: Why won't you move your computer?

Renter: Because I check my emails while I do my makeup and watch the news in the morning. Besides, the living room is a common room.

Me: But the living room isn't a computer room.

I thought I had a logical argument. Thought...

The next thing I know the Renter is slamming doors and whipping through the house putting everything that's her's in her bedroom. Little bit of an overkill.

All I asked was for the computer (which, by the way, is not on the newly cleaned computer desk but in her room).

I will never understand women.

No comments: