Monday, December 03, 2007

Weekend - Dec 1-2

I almost didn’t make it to work on Monday – without crapping my pants on the drive in. I guess the pizza I ate at 11:00 on Sunday night didn’t agree with my system. Its great not being able to handle dairy products. Just splendid.

(Ok, I know you all probably didn’t need to hear that but seriously, it was bad. I was sweating it pretty hard. I thought I was going to lose it when the elevator took forever to reach my floor.)

Just by reading this website you might think I’m a little, oh, I don’t know, maybe a little self-centered? But that’s just this website and how I feel on the inside. On the outside I’m really not all that bad. My 80 yr-old neighbor knows this.

A month ago I was outside raking leaves when my neighbor came out to do his. I saw him struggling with a big pile of leaves and offered to help out. I ended up spending 20 minutes helping him clean out his little fenced in sitting area. It wasn’t that big of a deal but if I hadn’t helped him it would have taken him over an hour to do it.

This past weekend it snowed out. It snowed on Saturday but I had a massive headache so I left it for Sunday. Big mistake. By Sunday it had rained a little and the rain formed a thin layer of ice underneath the snow. I went out around 1:00 on Sunday and worked at it for a good two hours. The shit was heavy as hell and you couldn’t get a footing because of the ice. Just as I finished up and was standing outside having the “job well done” cigarette my old neighbor came hobbling out of his house. He walked around back to where he parks his car and started stabbing at big chunks of snow. His efforts weren’t producing any results. So I finished my cigarette, put my gloves back on and walked over. I asked him if he minded if I helped and started clearing a path for his car. Again, just like with the leaves, I didn’t really do much as far as work on my part but if I hadn’t helped him it wouldn’t have gotten done. I put in a good five minutes of heavy lifting and the job was done.

I’m not as big of an asshole as I portray myself on this site. Not that I’m not an asshole, just not that big of one.

No comments: