Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Renter's Turn

So I just dropped the Renter off at the hospital for her tonsil surgery. She's never had surgery before so she was pretty nervous. Pretty nervous is putting it lightly. She didn't say a word on the drive there. I was surprised when she didn't explode when there wasn't a single spot open in the first parking structure I tried. I had to go to the roof top of the second structure before I found a spot. Since I could tell she was nervous I tried doing what I always do when I'm nervous: tell bad jokes.

"See that dry erase board on the wall? When they can't revive you they just draw a line through your name, kind of like a flat line."

Later...

"I was just kidding about the line thing. They just erase your name like it never happened."

Yeah, I don't think I helped much.

No comments: