Thursday, October 11, 2007

October 11th

8:37 am - #1 (do I have to spell it out for you?)

Did you know VH1 and MTV actually play videos early in the morning? I've seen Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, Common, and Kanye West so far. Yeah baby, I'm jamming.

How about a couple emails from the 40 yr-old from the gym who just happened to email me after I had the knee surgery yesterday?

40 yr-old: Hey B to the...! How have you been?

Me: Funny getting your email today. I was thinking about going back to the gym. It's too tempting to not lift weights at home. But... I just had surgery to repair a cartilage tear in my already messed up knee. Those stairs going to the locker room and then up to the gym would kill me right now. Surprisingly I can walk without crutches and I've been told I should have full range of motion in six weeks so we'll see. Has it been busy in there?

Other than that I've been doing aok. Not much really new. I broke down and bought a 61" TV a couple weeks ago so at least I have that to watch while I'm laid up.

Oh, and still single, as always.

And how you doin'?

40 yr-old: Morning!

How did you tear your knee up? Ouch! Sounds like you're recovering rather well...all that working out paid off!

Well, if you decide to return it would be great to have you back, I miss your sense of humor. :) Students (or as you call them, eye candy) have returned so the place has picked up some, but not to a point of craziness. Mike still takes jabs at everyone...he's funny.

You "broke down and bought a 61" t.v." LOL That is quite a break down....Now the po-x-n videos will be like life size! LOL

I'm doin okay. Work responsibilities are increasing, which is very cool. Should equate to bigger raises.

Still single????? What is up with that??? You are such a cutie and fun to hang with, I find that so hard to believe! Jeez, If I were five years younger I'd be making the moves on you boy...

[Seriously, five years? She could outlast me by far in the bedroom. Unless she's talking about five years of maturity, in which case we're actually fifteen years apart.]

Me: Hmmm, what does five years have to do with anything?

Yeah, the 61", started drinking one Saturday at 1:00 and by 11:00 am the next day they were delivering it. Just in time for the Packer game! But it was totally unplanned. No research or anything. Walked in, found a pretty one, checked out the price tag, went down the line and found a cheaper pretty one and signed on the dotted line. Some of those things are expensive as hell.

Bigger raises are always good. Size matters, right?

Today is October 11th, I'm guessing I'll be doing stairs ok by the end of November and you should be able to sign up right when the fall classes end you'd think. I'll have to look into that. I was doing well at home but then the Brewers were doing well and I got wrapped up in that. Oh well.

What's up with this weather?


Hey, the doctor said I can't shower till Saturday. I wonder if I can get a sponge bath out of the gym lady. Hmmm, I'll have to work on that. But seriously, Saturday? My junk smells so bad already that even I don't want to play with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was contemplating stopping over to visit until I read the last paragraph. Perhap next week...

FA