Thursday, July 05, 2007

And She's Back

40 yr old: Hey B to the…, Gosh, you really did quit the gym didn't ya...how have ya been?

Me: Yeah, I really did quit. Sorry. I've been working out at home. The only thing I don't like doing at home are back exercises with the chin ups and pull ups. If I weighed 200 lbs they'd go much better! And I'm on the prowl for 80 lb dumbbells. I think Dunhams wants $55 a piece for them - ouch.

I'm in the process of painting my bedroom. It had some ugly paneling on the walls so I ripped that off and filled in the nail holes. That's about as far as I've gotten. I need to clean everything out by Saturday. You should see my house. Not that I know what a crack house looks like, but I'm pretty sure mine could pass for one. I have my box spring leaning on one wall in the living room, my mattress lying in the middle of the floor, comforters and sheets piled up on one of the chairs. I'd be truly embarrassed to take a woman home. Unless she already knew about it and didn't mind...

40 yr old: Sorry my reply is so slow, I have 3 huge projects at work right now.

Bummer about you quitting, you were the funniest / cutest dude there. I bet, doing chin ups between the rafters is not fun, too cobb webby.

What color did you paint? Something exciting like off white??? I'd like
to see your digs and if you want any deco ideas just say so. My home is similar to your, small ranch. But hey, why live for a mortgage right?

Me: The ceiling is white and the walls are blue. Wait, the ceiling is white and the walls will be blue, haven't quite gotten around to finishing it. It was too nice outside yesterday to be stuck inside painting. Painting sucks. I'll let you know when it’s finished. I'll have to get some Captain Morgan.

40 yr old: Cool, I admire anyone who can go beyond off-white (in at least one room of their home), it shows guts, creativity, or in some cases just a bad idea. LOL

Sounds like a plan.

Me: So... when I drop my drawers and the contrast between my tan back and white butt is quite evident, does that show guts or is it just a bad idea?

40 yr old: When you turn around I'll make that determination...


Now I have a little more incentive to get the room finished. Hell yeah, baby!


Oh, and I found out this girl (and here, too) no longer has a boyfriend. Sweet!

No comments: