Thursday, May 31, 2007

Weighting to Die

No post for today (FA keeps on bothering me to post, it’s like his hands start shaking if I don’t), unless you consider this a post. Since I’ve been slacking off in the weightlifting, I’ve decided to do a total body workout tonight (as opposed to the chest one day, back another day, and so on). So, after I post this I will be doing the following:

6 sets of pull-ups superset with 6 sets of dumbbell bench presses

4 sets of bent over rows superset with 4 sets of incline bench presses

4 sets of shoulder presses superset with 4 sets of dumbbell curls

4 sets of tricep extensions superset with 4 sets of lateral raises

And lastly, a triple superset with 3 sets each of squats, shoulder shrugs, and sit-ups.


If I don’t ever post on here again you can certainly assume that I did not make it through the workout alive.


UPDATE:

Ok, don’t get worried about me, I just finished the workout and I’m still breathing; breathing rather heavily, but breathing none the less. For the record, I was ready to quit after the first 12 sets (pull-ups, bench press). But I hung in there, kind of; I didn’t exactly do the squats. I just didn’t have anything left in me. And believe me when I say I didn’t have anything left in me. I did two sets of curls and one set of shoulder raises before I noticed one weight was 5 lbs heavier than the other. But, being the anal man who plays with numbers that I am, I kept track of every exercise, every weight amount, and every repetition (I know, totally anal). In total, I hefted 44,050 lbs in just over 90 minutes. But that number is a little inflated. I’m not going to count the 215 lb shoulder shrugs (x 56 reps) as you can only lift those 3 inches and that really isn’t much of a range of motion compared to the bench press or the like. So the unofficial total is 32,010. Of course I have nothing to compare this to as I’ve never added workouts up like that, but still, kinda cool. Only bad part: I was left too physically exhausted to, well, you know, “play ball.”


Huh, I guess the "no post" actually turned into somewhat of a post. Sorry I only mentioned whacking off once, I'll do better next time.

No comments: