Monday, April 02, 2007

Florida Wins - Fuckers

I know a player from the winning team is always awarded the most outstanding player, but after watching Greg Oden play like the man-child he is, there is no doubt he was the most outstanding player. The guy plays with heart and determination. Unlike pretty boy Al Horford, you never see Oden doing a shoulder shake after making a sweet play. The only thing shaking after an Oden post move is the rim.

In the post game interview, the Florida players lived up to my expectations. To almost quote (from memory) Joakim Noah, "My boys from Florida, we bring it big every day and all night long, we bring it big. You might not know what that means, but my boys bring it big." Ok Joakim, you got me. My theories of "bringing it big" are:

- banging a bunch of hoes with hair bigger than Joakim's mop head.
- getting your eyebrows waxed like Al Horford.
- smoking up some doobies as soon as coach leaves the locker room.
- winning the pool for the lowest grade point average.
- pimping around campus driving your "mom's" Escalade.
- mastering Bastket Weaving 101.

I hope all those fuckers leave school early and end up playing ball in some tiny European town. Things like that post game interview do not belong in college basketball. Guys like that last two to three years in the pros. I don't know how Billy Donovan put up with that crap for the last two years.

Greg Oden on the other hand, as much as I would like to see him and Mike Conley Jr. play on the same court next year, has a spectacular career waiting for him. The man had the same expression on his face when they won every game leading up to the final as he did when they lost the final tonight. Gred Oden will be a pro's pro on and off the court.

And to think, scouts were rating Kevin Durant higher than Oden. Not after tonight my friend, not after tonight.

More food for thought: the Milwaukee Bucks got Andrew Bogut with the first pick in the 2005 draft. Boy did they get ripped off.

Sorry for the loss Swandad. You too, Renter (would have won the FA's pool if OS had won). I couldn't sit there and root for either team. I wanted Ohio State to win but the money was going to go on Florida. So I decided to go with the over/under and thankfully picked the correct one. It's always nice cheering for every score.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As much as I agree on Noah, Oden does always hav the same look on hi face, that of droopy dog. He always looks sooooooo sad, doesn't he? oh and Durant is still going #1...

FA