Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Day Number Three

It’s day number three and I feel pretty good, actually really good. Slept like a baby last night (except for the dead people who were trying to eat me, fuckers wouldn’t stay dead for some reason). Instead of waking up groggy and tired I wake up before my alarm goes off. My body feels fresh. The only muscles that hurt are the ones I worked out the other day. Nice change from having your whole body ache no matter if you lifted weights or not. I don’t know how long it will last; my beloved Friday night is coming up soon. Saturday I could hunker down with a book or a movie and “miss out” on the karaoke freaks (oh darn). And the freaking biotch that I can’t stand will probably be there, pains me to even look at her (and she put her coat right next to mine while I was playing pool last week, puke). There isn’t any football on Sunday and I may or may not have a dinner date set up with a friend, we’ll see. Realistically I could make it till next Friday having gone out only once in twelve days. That should trick the doctor’s office into thinking everything is ok with me. Till next years visit…

I know better than that. If, at age 29, something showed up in a standard test, I’m doing something wrong. It’s been over a month since the doctor visit and I’ve finally come to this realization. When they said I should take ten days off my first thought was “Uh, ok.” Ten days off? Well, since then I think I’ve only made the matter worse. There was Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and of course, playoff football. I wasn’t ready to be forced into a leave of absence. But now, looking at the calendar, I think now is the ideal time to start. No football till the “Big Game” (since “Super Bowl” is copywrited). Work will be really busy for a while. And summer isn’t all that far away. I figure if I behave and be a good boy I could be in tip top shape physically for summer so I can resume jogging and possibly look good for the ladies (like I don’t already, ha!). Last summer I enjoyed many a beer on the new deck and I’d like to do that again this summer with a clear conscience knowing that I took care of myself in the months leading up to it. So that’s the game plan. And being in the right state of mind I think I will be able to stick to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oops, sorry bout' that, guess maybe those two kicks in the head weren't the right thing afterall!!

FA